Here at Chester & District Housing Trust, we know that involving residents in all that we do makes sense. We want our residents and leaseholders to work with us to help make sure we provide the best possible housing service. We think by working together we can not only improve services to our residents, but can make a difference in our communities and neighbourhoods.
We learn a lot by simply listening to what you have to say. You tell us what really happens on the ‘ground’. This can be done by simply completing a survey, coming along to one of our events, joining an estate walkabout or coming to one of our Neighbourhood Panel meetings. We are learning to be more flexible and make changes when needed, but we can only do that with your help.
Here are some benefits for getting involved:-
• You can make new friends
• You can get to know more about the Trust and the services we provide
• You can help us improve our services to you
• You can help us make real changes that will help make our communities safer and better places to live.
• You can learn new skills
• You can feel better for taking steps to improve things for the better and increase customer satisfaction
• Volunteering provides the opportunity to get to know more about social housing and give you the opportunity to influence local and national policies.
Meet the Resident Involvement Team
Maggi Dempsey and Sue Kennaugh, Resident Involvement Team
Whilst it’s everyone’s job to encourage resident to get involved, we have set up a Resident Involvement Team dedicated to work closely with residents. You can phone just for a chat, share your views or get to know more about what we do.
So, we want to make sure our residents are not just at the heart of our organisation, but helping us direct our business. We have lots of opportunities for residents to have their say to influence the way we provide our services and to be involved in making decisions, both locally and across the whole of the Trust.
We are waiting for you to contact us!!
You can download our Have Your Say leaflet which is also available in all our offices.
You can also download our Monthly Residents’ Bulletin (below) which will tell you What’s On this month.